Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thank you friends...

I have always been humbled by the support extended to me by my friends at all times..
Many times, i had wondered.. if i am worth their love and affection.. If i deserve their support and favours... if they are overdoing their responsibilities...
I find it very crazy and strange that people born at different corners/culture/creed or class, happen to meet each other by chance or choice and are ready to go the extra mile for his/her 'friend' once they develop the so called relationship called 'friendship'. Perhaps, frienship is one of the wonderful feelings existing amongst living beings( am sure, the flora and fauna folks will frown at me, if i brutally assign friendship as a trait characteristic, only of the homosapiens ).
When god made man, perhaps, He was very sure that the latter will not be able to sustain or attain heights on his own.
Whatever be the reasons for the origin and existence of 'friendship'(i am reminded of the many funny and thought provoking sms(s) i rcvd in the early years of this decade, which emphasized the value of friendship, always had rhyming lines that ended in 'ship'), I am happy that friends exist in this world.. perhaps i would go a step further in declaring that I am what I am today coz of my friends.. I always had a tough time to digest the statement of some stalwarts, when they claim themselves to be 'self made men'. How can men succeed without any other individual's assistance.. Either I am too unintelligent to comprehend the logic or they may be some incarnations of the superbody. Or it might be that, these 'succesful' people are referring to the fact that they were not supported by their immediate near and dear ones on their path to success.
Anyways, I consider myself lucky and fortunate to have a good network of nice individuals all through out my life.. I am always indebted to the good lord for making me earn the trust of my friends. My friends were my biggest assets and support, when i was literally brought to ground zero and whenever fate chose to play wrestling with me. I am content that i had some good people to reckon during my testing times.. Now don' get the wrong notion that i had only bad days in my life.. There were cheerful and funfilled moments in abundance, in my life also . Needless to say, such moments were distinctly marvelous, in most of the cases, coz of the good deeds of my friends.
Upon introspection(one of my favorite passtimes), i believe the only way i can repay ( i am sorry if that word sounds too formal,,, i know i shouldn' be using it as frienship is not something that you gain/give to repay later) for the support extended to me is to extend my inconditional backing to my fellowmen at all times.. I have started prcaticing this for some time.. and I find it enjoying too. The happiness you get when you help someone find a house, arrange a tour, get a discount from shops/establishments/service providers known to you etc etc is simply out of boundaries...
I pray to almighty to continue to give me this sort of happiness in abundance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.